June 17, 2013

Where Ya At, Matt?

Whenever B comes to town, I use it as an excuse to go out and eat. Whether its a food truck or a restaurant, my list is always growing. So when B picked me up from work on Friday for lunch, I knew exactly where to go. We made our way to Elliot Ave and parked right by Seattle's top rated food truck.

Strategically situated between corporate buildings, Where Ya At Matt was busy serving up lunch to to the locals. Last week, the The Daily Meal ranked all the food trucks in the nation and created the 101 Best Food Trucks in America list. The Seattle Times quickly re-published the list and called out the 4 Seattle based Trucks that made the list. Coming in at #9 was none other than Where Ya At Matt.


Inspired by the flavors of New Orleans, Matt's has all the basic Southern classics you could ever want: po boy sandwiches, jambalaya, gumbo, grits, and cornbread. I got the catfish po boy, and B had the pork po boy.
The perfect size for a hearty lunch, this sandwich was delectable  The catfish was perfectly fried-- not too heavy-- and the house made aioli sauce was the perfect pair.


I've already saved the truck schedule on my phone. Thursday's they're in Georgetown, right around the corner from work. Thursday lunch? Check!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment