August 12, 2012

Pig Roast [No Spit Necessary]

At this very moment I am devouring my goodie-bag of leftovers from yesterday's festivities.

Eastsider Diaries

Every August brings warmer weather to the Pacific Northwest, tanner skin, and the promise 
of the Annual Pig Roast. 

Eastsider Diaries

The host & hostess of the Roast are good friends of the family. They have been doing this Pig Roast for a few years now and I must say this year they have outdone themselves. (Vegetarians, beware) 

Eastsider Diaries
The Roast started in the morning with the arrival of the pig. By the time friends started to show up at 3:00, the pig was roasting modestly in its box.

Eastsider Diaries
As everyone waited for the fresh pork, we dived into the glorious appetizers served up by the host.
Kuo-Yu is quite the accomplished cook and though he's quite humble about his hobby, I'd say this is definitely something to brag about.

Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
After roasting for a good few hours in the box, it was time to give the little porkie a flip. 

Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
And an hour or so later, it was time for the big reveal!

Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
Everyone rushed in line to try the fresh pulled pork which was served with some home made sauces (complements of Kuo-Yu of course) and other dished brought by guests. 

Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
I devoured my plate in minutes and stepped in line for seconds. 

Eastsider Diaries
This is something I wait all summer for, and this year it did not disappoint! 

Eastsider Diaries

Xx


1 comment:

  1. THE PIG! I love it! The picture of you eating (I don't know what part) was the best.

    ReplyDelete