August 13, 2012

Kick-Ass Kale Chips

This weekend I entered myself in a little raffle drawing and surprise, surprise, I won!
To my delight I received a box of fresh picked veggies from Hand-Farmed Organics full of scrumptious   goodies.

Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
As I sifted through all the colorful veggies, I thought about what I could make with them.
And voila, I give you: The Healthiest Chips You'll Ever Eat! 

Eastsider Diaries
These little bad boys are the definition of fabulous: they're easy to make, they're good for you, and they're delicious. I mean really, what more could you ask for?

Eastsider Diaries
Kale is THE vegetable you need to be eating. And here's why: Kale is an excellent source of natural antioxidants that help lower cholesterol and lower your risk of heart disease. This green leafy super-veggie is also highly associated with cancer protection. 

Eastsider Diaries
Yeah, they're that awesome.
And if you aren't on your way to the store to get a batch, you should probably do so now.

To make your leafy chips, you'll need the following:

1 batch of Kale (washed and patted dry)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Garlic Salt (or 2 freshly crusted garlic)
Parmesan Cheese

Take your washed Kale and tear off the leaves from the stem into bite size pieces. 

Eastsider Diaries
Place them in a large bowl with the Olive Oil & Garlic Salt. For more garlic, use crushed garlic instead.

With your hands, toss & stir the leaves around so they're all lightly coated with olive oil and the salt. 

On a baking sheet, lay out some foil. Pour the Kale leaves on the foil. Be sure to keep them separated.

Eastsider Diaries
Sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese over the leaves then pop the baking sheets in the oven at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until crispy & looking like this. 

Eastsider Diaries
Eastsider Diaries
Once baked, let them cool before scraping them into a bowl. Ta-Da! Kick-Ass Kale Chips. 
Be sure not to inhale them in one bite -- it's tempting, I swear. 

Eastsider Diaries




No comments:

Post a Comment