July 9, 2013

Rose City

At last-- back in the Rose City!
It had been far too long since I had been down to the 503, and with the weather so nice, there were hardly any excuse to be made why NOT to go down.

First stop: Koi Fusion food truck on Mississippi Ave. My absolute favorite food truck. These boys really know how to make delicious food, Mm Mm MM!

Next stop: the Blues Festival. This was one of the main reasons I went down, quickly followed by seeing my gorgeous best friend who I have not seen in months. Problem, solution.


The Hot 8 Brass Band
One of the many characters to be found on the Waterfront
2 days of music, sun and good friends is enough to get your appetite going.
With that said, I finally took Katz to Pok Pok Noi! We dined on the scrumptious Vietnamese cuisine and got caught up on the latest happenings.

Pok Pok's Famous Fish Sauce Wings!
Spicy Papaya Salad with Pork

Saturday night I did the most American thing I think I've ever done in my life: I went to the St. Paul Rodeo. South of Portland by about 20 or so miles, this little town hosts a rodeo every year and it draws a huge crowd. Red necks, cowboys, hipsters and city folk all congregate to watch the show.


It was a very eventful weekend full of a few of my favorite things (and people!)
On the way home, I couldn't resist another stop at Koi Fusion. I Instagramed my excitement and hey- check it out! I found myself staring at my face on the Koi Fusion Insta!


You can follow me on Insta here: @Tomoks425

Cheers! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment