October 16, 2012

Tokyo's Finest

I wish this post was talking about the city in Japan. But, alas, I'm actually talking about Tokyo's Japanese Restaurant in Factoria.

Sushi, Tokyo's Restaurant
Sushi, Tokyo's Restaurant

This is hands down the best restaurant to get sushi at. I've been to my fair share of Japanese restaurants around the Eastside, and let me tell you, dear friends, this is the place to be.

None of that conveyer belt business [although every once in awhile you might stumble upon a worthy sushi-belt]. No no, this place is authentically Japanese. My parents & I have been coming here for years. We were good friends with the head sushi yasan but he ended up retiring this year.... But still, the other men working the bar are the best around! Even my Obaasan (Japanese gma) gave it her stamp of approval when she came to visit this summer. So, that's that.

Sushi, Tokyo's Restaurant
Tokyo's Japanese Restaurant
Tokyo's Japanese Restaurant

I always sit at the sushi bar. It's fun to watch the sushi masters at work & I love to see how precise and delicate they are with the fish.
Eastsider, Tokyo's Restaurant
The whole purpose of my trip to Tokyo's was to show B how the Japanese fancy their sushi. It's not all California roll's my friends, and surprisingly he enjoyed everything I ordered!

Sushi, Tokyo's Restaurant

10 brownie points for him, I dare say.
And if you're ever in the mood for some REALLY GOOD sushi, I'd HIGHLY recommend Tokyo's.

No comments:

Post a Comment