April 30, 2013

My Oh My, Serious Pie!

I've done it:  I've found the BEST pizza in the Puget Sound!

This weekend, I successfully ran a 5K. So what did I do to celebrate? Go out and eat of course! 

This Tom Douglas restaurant is renown for their delectable pies. I had to see what all the excitement was about, and folks, I was not disappointed in the least!

The open kitchen right by the door was the perfect sneak peak. As soon as I walked in I saw a mushroom and truffle pie being pulled out of the open pizza oven and nearly drooled all over myself. No, really.

When we got seated, it was pretty hard deciding which pie to get- every single one sounded amazing. I ended up choosing the sweet fennel sausage, peppers and provolone pizza.
Nedard got the special.


This was literally the best pizza I have ever had. I had to force myself to eat slow so that I could savor all the incredible flavors that were baked so perfectly on that incredible dough.... Nedard, however, inhaled his in an instant and kept eyeing my pie slices dangerously.

To wash it down, we had the Brasilena coffee soda. This is by far the most interesting drink I've ever had. It's like a carbonated coffee, but exponentially better because it's straight from Italy.

Then of course, we had dessert. Nedard ordered the rhubarb crostada that came with pistachio's and vanilla bean ice cream. Yum!


As always, I left Serious Pie happily full and in a mild food coma.
Check out the menu HERE if you're interested in trying out this Tom Douglas diamond!

No comments:

Post a Comment