March 17, 2013

Tasty & Alder

My love of Portlandia food is a little outrageous.
Every time I leave the 503, I'm already planning on where I want to eat the next time I'm in town.
One this such spontaneous trip I had nothing in mind for dinner, so it was quite a treat with B and Pmun decided to family style dinner at Tasty & Alder.

The restaurant is new to Downtown, but the sister restaurant [Tasty & Sons] in North Portland, is renown. The menu's are similar, and the ambiance is intimately trendy. Since I loved the food so much at Tasty & Sons, I figured I would have the same feelings at Tasty & Alder.


And I was right!

The food was amazing and the ambiance was perfect.
We got there at 5:15, 15 minutes before the restaurant floor officially opened for dinner. We waited at the bar, had some hush puppies, got a drink and waited patiently for 5:30.

Low Country Hush Puppies

It's a good thing we got there early, because as soon as 5:30 hit, the entrance was packed.
The three of us were seated at the end of a large table that we shared with other hungry Portlanders.
By the time we got our first dish, the restaurant was completely full.
Pork Jagerschnitzel
Goat Cheese Dumplings
Simple Greens

It was a delicious meal shared with my two best buds in Portland. Not pictured is the Brick Chicken and the cocktail nuts-- yum!
After we stuffed ourselves with gourmet comfort food, we headed off to the Jeld-Wen Field to watch the Timbers game.

For info about Tasty & Alder go HERE! 



No comments:

Post a Comment