September 16, 2012

Top 10 Carry On Must Haves

I know I know, I've been a bad blogger.
I was on holiday for the last two weeks and to my astonishment didn't have internet access to document my adventures! Don't worry, I'll be doing a little holiday recap for you later this week. But until then, I'm trying desperately to get over my jet lag [unsuccessfully] and get back into a steady routine. 

For now, I will leave you with my Top 10 carry on must-haves
Over the last 3 years I've been fortunate enough to travel across Europe and the states & have never boarded a plane without these 10 things.

Here we go.

Top 10 Carry On Must Haves:
10. Water bottle 
Staying hydrated is essential for any flight. It helps combat jet lag and can keep muscles from cramping. 

9. Snack
Nuts, trail mix, pretzels, that sort of thing. I've noticed that flights, especially domestic, do not always serve a snack. Personally I think this is ridiculous, so I'm always prepared with a little nosh. Trail mix and the like are a good source of fiber & protein. Nuts are great because they make you feel fuller longer.

8. Notebook & pen
To document your travels, play hangman or doodle.

7. Magazine of choice
For a little indulgence in a guilty pleasure or to catch up on some fashion/sports/news...Vanity Fair is my favorite, so it's always a travel companion of mine.

6. iPod 
If reading isn't your choice, then music might be. Plus your headphones can double up as ear plugs if you want to take a snooze. 

5. A good book
For this trip my book of choice was Stieg Larsson's Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. For those of you who have read it, I need to get my hands on the other 2! For those of you who haven't, I highly recommend it. I mean, it is a national best seller after all.

4. Neck pillow
Essential for comfort. Once you get one you'll wonder how you ever traveled without one. 

3. Eye mask
Great for naps, but can also double as a huge headband... just sayin.

2. Sweatshirt
It gets chilly on those flights. One of the reasons people get sick after they travel via air is because they don't anticipate the power of the air-conditioning or the altitude shift. Airlines are also not supplying blankets as much anymore [tisk, tisk].

1. Vasaline 
This is probably THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to carry with you. Vasaline can be used as lotion for those try hands or for your lips. For those longer flights, to stay looking and feeling refreshed, I dab a little Vasaline under my eyes. This is a miracle worker, I swear by it. And [ladies], if you're wearing makeup on your flight and feel it running/ drying up your skin, Vasaline doubles as makeup remover. Just put a little on a tissue and gently wipe away. 

Eastsider Diaries

There you have it! My top 10 Carry On must haves.
What do you always travel with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment