June 26, 2012

Top Notch Rivalry: Portland, Day 3

Sunday was the big day: the Sounders vs. Timbers game. This Seattle/Portland rivalry was established long before both teams were even part of the MLS. As a native Washingtonian, it's my absolute duty to support the Sounders... yet, having lived in Oregon for the last 4 years, and having been to more Timbers games during that time, it's hard to distinguish where my loyalty truly lies. So, as usual, I sat with my party on the Multnomah Athletic Club balcony wearing neutral colors and cheering for both teams. It is fair to say that this weekends match was one of the most intense games I've ever seen from either team. The atmosphere at the JELD-WEN stadium was incredible and (much to everyone's surprise), the Timbers came out on top with a 2-1 win. I'm pretty sure this is the first game the Timbers have won over the Sounders the initiation of both teams into the MLS.

Before the game we watched the first half of the England v. Italy UEFA Euro Quarterfinals in the Sports Pub. After a quick walk downtown to meet up with friends & some hydration, it was back to the Club for the game.

Eastsider Diaries
Outside the Field
Eastsider Diaries
Multnomah Athletic Club
Eastsider Diaries
Spots Pub @ the MAC
"Legends are born when the previous are surpassed" & an image of Clive Charles
Eastsider Diaries
A rowdy balcony after the final whistle
Eastsider Diaries


After the game I grabbed a quick bite at the Sports Pub then headed home to the Eastside. I just found out I'll be back in the 503 at the end of the week- so more adventures to come! Hooray! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment